Wednesday, February 28, 2007

the limits of my power

"The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live." -Elbert Hubbard

So the weather has gone crazy again. Here, in Seattle, it is "normal" but in Lakewood/South Tacoma and apparently (according to the radio) in the north end it is all crazy, too. It snows, it hails, then the sun comes out (sometimes while it is still snowing) and then the cycle continues. So far it wasn't sticking, but who knows what the night might bring? I certainly don't. The kids don't want to miss any more days of school. When they saw it snowing they were all "Nooooooo!" Which was funny, since they usually get so excited about it. Now they realize the distinct possibility of going to school into the last week of June or even (shudder) July. Right now I really could care less if we have one more day of school in June and would welcome another day off tomorrow. Too bad it isn't within my power to control the weather...just this once.

I am working hard to distract myself from my *cycle* and it is not easy.

In fact it is very, very difficult.

But I keep at it. AF is due any day now...could be as early as tomorrow, could be not until next Tuesday.

And tonight instead of working on my fun secret project I have to EDIT RESEARCH PAPERS. This is the last one we assign for the year, so after this stack of drafts the light is visible at the end of the tunnel, as "final drafts" are due in a couple of weeks and that is the last of it. It isn't the last of grading papers, but the last of the research papers--which I truly despise above all others. Yes, I'd rather just avoid them. But no matter how hard I try, I can't will them into nonexistance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.