Monday, February 26, 2007

I'd like to thank...




Well last night I defended the legacy and brought home the trophy for the third year in a row. There was a lot of pressure on me to do so, and I lived up to the challenge. This was a difficult year to do it, too, as there were several big upsets. Most notably were the awards for best Supporting Actor (Allen Arkin won--the big buzz was for Eddie Murphy) best Foreign Language film (Pan's Labyrinth did not win, yet it had won for Art Direction, Makeup, and Cinematography...so go figure) and best Animated Feature (Happy Feet beat out Cars, which most critics had as their pick). But I managed to choose enough of the awards correctly. Mr. C made me vote for "The Departed" for Best Picture (on my own I would have picked "Little Miss Sunshine") and it turns out he was right. It isn't that he really knew something, it is just that he really wanted Scorsese to win (I was already planning to vote for him for Best Director) and for his movie to win as well. So anyway, I had a good time and it was fun to take home another Oscar to keep the other two company.

And here is the quote for the day:
"Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of." -Benjamin Franklin

2 comments:

msfitzita said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! Where on earth did you manage to find those statues??? My sister and I have been hosting an annual Oscar pool & party for over 10 years and it would be awesome to have something like that to go along with the pot!

Oh, uh - and congratulations on your win! :) I came in 4th, sadly.

:)

BasilBean said...

I will find out from Bob where he gets the statues and let you know.