Wednesday, February 21, 2007

ash wednesday

"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true."-Leon J. Suences

Today is the first day of Lent, and I gave up coffee/Starbucks. I was fine in the morning--I'm never really awake until after 10:00 anyway (when my second class is getting over) so it is really my afternoon trip to Starbucks that I missed.

I kept myself busy last night with my secret project and finishing watching season 2 of The L Word. I'm loving that show. I don't have Showtime, though, so when I get caught up I am going to be sad.

Sunday is the big Oscar party at Bob's. It is his huge thing each year and for the last two years Mr. C has taken home the trophy for being the "Prediction Champion." This year I will be the lone representative for us because the drop has a show. So I guess I better get onto one of those sites and start studying. I am actually serious about that. It doesn't matter how many of the nominated films you have seen or how much you are into the whole film-thing, the only way to win a contest like this is to study. Who knows who will win the award for best editing, best sound, best animated short...? Um, well Roger Ebert, that's who. Why does it matter? It really doesn't, but after two years running with a trophy in the house (there really are actual trophys...they are on the shelf next to me along with 2 for marathons, one for bowling (Mr. C) and several awards he has won at work. Yep. I have them all together on one shelf and they keep each other company.

No comments: