Saturday, February 10, 2007

on the other side

I actually did doze off last night when I was in the process of writing that little post.

I read somewhere that it is a "blog rule" not to blog about work. Well, I am feeling the need to get this next part out, so I am giving fair warning that it is about work. Unfortunately, work has been such a gigantic part of my life that it seems that if I didn't blog about it I wouldn't be blogging about my life.

I am feeling this huge sense that I am DONE. The Film Festival is DONE. First semester is DONE (I still have to finish grading the Research Papers that are sitting here next to my chair, but...). Last night Angie stayed extremely late to help me finish moving things from Linda's room, so that is DONE (I will not write/rant about the evil that was done by the teacher moving into Linda's room except to say tht she didn't check with me about whether or not I was done, and threw away things that she had no business to throw away...things that are irreplaceable). I am officially no longer "responsible" for the 10th Grade Advisory and am 99.9% DONE with the 9th Grade Advisory. Hallelujah! Of course there is still a lot to do, my art classes grew so now I have more than 30 new students to get to know and be responsible to. And Contemporary Studies is still a lot of work, but from here to the end of the year is much different than the first semester...we are in a groove, there (unfortunately) are fewer students to manage, and there is not a big event to plan (besides Exhibitions, but that will not be the same as the film festival).

I am feeling this sense that I can start to breathe a little easier now, relax a little more now, focus on my "real life" now.

So that is what I will go do. Now.

No comments: