Saturday, February 24, 2007

far away in the sunshine...

"Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." -Louisa May Alcott

Last night Mr. C and I went to a show at the Sunset. Our friends were having their CD release party and it was quite a show. The band is called The Rodeo and they play what I guess you could describe as country-esque music. But they are not really country music guys. Two of them are old friends of Mr. Cs, one used to be the bass player for the drop and the other is a producer who has recorded their albums. The music is fun, kitchey...and the crowd really gets into it. Lots of whiskey drinking going on among the band and the crowd (they do this whole whiskey baptism thing). So we were out really late. As a result I slept pretty late today as well and ended up being late for my appointment with Tiffany. But I wasn't too terribly late and she went into her lunch time a little bit for me.

And I've spent most of the day working on my secret project. I am more than half way done with it and it is coming along really well. This makes me so happy. As a result though I didn't do any of the work that I took home with me. Oh well. I really hate having to do work on the weekend, since I work so hard during the week.

Tomorrow is Bob's big party, and I have done some research for my ballot, but I don't know that it will be enough to bring home another trophy for us this year. I guess we'll see...

No comments: