Sunday, February 18, 2007

I have to have hope

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

We just got home from Tacoma--a song (called "Upside Down") from the drop's second album, Iceland, was used in an independent film called "Limbo" that was premiering tonight at The Grand Theatre. The film was horrible...it was a nice attempt, but it was just bad. I feel a little mean saying that, but it is my true assessment. It is cool though that they used the song. I love the song, which is about feeling like your life is not where you want it to be, that things are bleak...but it ends on a positive, hopeful note.

I will take the links off of the chain still, and include the quotes in my posts, but I won't be counting the days. Since tomorrow (actually today) is the big "O," then there will be 11 to 16 days until AF again...then another cycle. What will change in that amount of time? How will Mr. C be feeling about things? I don't know. All I can do is have hope that things will start to feel better for him.

I found this magnet with the Eightfold Path on it when Debra and I were browsing through shops in West Seattle. Mr. C and I actually met in an Eastern Religions class back in college.

The Four Noble Truths (the foundation):

1. Life means suffering.
2. The origin of suffering is attachment to desires.
3. The cessation of suffering is attainable and requires the release of attachment to desires.
4. Freedom from suffering is possible by practicing the Eightfold Path.

The Eightfold Path:

Right Views: Accepting the Four Noble Truths
Right Intentions: Selflessness and love
Right Speech: Avoiding lies and maliciousness
Right Conduct: Nonviolence, honesty, temperance
Right Livelihood: Work that doesn't violate path
Right Effort: Promote good and prevent evil
Right Mindfulness: Attentiveness in your thoughts and actions
Right Concentration: Meditation

No comments: