Thursday, March 1, 2007

the last link

"The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen." -Frank Loyd Wright

Well I really believe we will have a baby, and I can buy the idea that this belief will make it happen. I just don't know WHEN.

AF showed this morning.

Really, it was such a long shot--we only BDed once in such a way as to make it "count" when it was around O time (two days prior).

And now I have no idea when we'll even get that close again, considering that Mr. C "isn't ready" to start trying.

I refuse to let this consume me.

As cheesey as this next bit is going to sound, I am reminded of something I heard somewhere back in my single days. It's the idea that everything you are looking for in a partner, you should be able to find within yourself (by the way, I don't totally agree with that--but I won't go into it now). Well, this doesn't directly corrolate, but in this time while I am *waiting* I'd like to focus on myself and being all of the things I want my children's mom to be.

Hmmmm.....we'll see how far that takes me.

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'm sorry AF showed. I hope you and Mr. C will be in agreement soon about when to start trying. That's so difficult. It's a good plan to focus on yourself while you wait. But it is super tough to not obsess over it all, I know.

Take care, Sara

BasilBean said...

Thanks Sara :)

Jillian said...

This is such a tough one to be out of synch on. I'm sorry it didn't happen this month:(