Wednesday, January 31, 2007

enough

Today was one of those days where you want/need to get a lot done and there just isn't enough time. Angie and I had subs for the first two classes today so we could get some work done. We ended up getting enough done to get us through today and the next couple of classes, which is good because I will be gone! It feels a little less like we are scrambeling to get things done each day and more like we have things worked out slightly more in advance...

Enough...I don't want to go on about work. Suffice to say that I ran my ass off all day and then had to cancel on Dirk because my appointment was in Seattle at 4:30 and I was still in my classroom at that time (it is more than an hour away). He is very understanding about such things, though, and left me a message saying that he has openings tomorrow morning.

And here I am. Not sure how I feel. Sad? Yes. Tired? Yes.

This morning on my drive in to work I went over in my mind what I'd like to do tomorrow. I want to bring flowers and some balloons, maybe a teddy. When we went on Mother's Day I also brought a card that I wrote. I will try to write something later tonight. If I get it out right then I will place it in the blog...we'll see.

Mr. C just called from work. He said that it was "role reversal" night, since I am usually the one working late. He chatted for a long time...read me things from online newspaper articles about the housing market (they say it really will come down in the Seattle area, eventually) and about the President (dropping the "ic" from democrat(ic) when referring to the party that is now in power in congress...claims it was not an intentional slur, just that he's "not good at pronouncing words").

Oh, and it occurred to me that I may actually only be 7 dpo today rather than 8 because I got the positive OPK on Tuesday of last week and it goes pos up to 24 hours before you "O." Which means that the earliest that I would want to test would be Friday. 9 dpo is still awful soon, though. The earliest you are supposed to expect a positive result would be 5 days before the expected period. Since I ovulated on day 14/15 then I would expect my period on day 28/29 and 5 days prior is day 23/24...ok, I need to go get a calendar because I am trying to do this on my fingers and in my head and it just doesn't work for me. I'm not a numbers person. I think I have a handle on them and then poof, they disappear into the ether.

Friday I can test and have a reasonable expectation but won't take it too seriously if it is negative either. So perhaps it is a better idea to wait until Saturday, then?

Maybe I'll ask Mr. C what he thinks.

I have been just parched lately! My throat has been dry and I am drinking so much water and my dry mouth and throat doesn't seem to get any better. It is a bit disturbing.

Today (it actually started last night as I was sleeping) I've had some sharp crampy feelings. Not like period cramps, more like brief but intense pinches. No idea what that is. Part of me thinks "implantation?" and another part thinks, ok, IPS here we are. Maybe it is just my ovaries producing progesterone, as they are supposed to do during this part of my cycle (I think I read that somewhere at some point). I don't know. Bbs are still tender, uterus still "throbbing" for lack of a better way to describe it. All are normal PMS-like symptoms as well.

OK, enough of my obsessing for now. I am going to go try to distract myself with something else.

No comments: