Tuesday, January 16, 2007

snowed in again


I woke up to the phone ringing this morning. I didn't get to it in time but listened to the message from Angie: Surprise! Late start--school is delayed two hours. So I went back to bed and had a hard time falling to sleep. It felt like I was finally drifting off when the phone rang again. This time I got to it in time and it was a message from the automated system saying that school would be delayed two hours. Yah, I knew that--and why did the message come at 6:25--isn't that a little late? So I looked out the window to see what was really up. It was snowing again and quite a lot had already piled up. I decided that I would not be going in to work at all--no way was I driving in that like I did last Thursday. It all went well, but what might the drive home be like? So I logged on to the school district's web site and, low and behold, discovered that school was cancelled altogether. No one called to tell me that, though. I happily climbed right back into bed once more. Yay. It will suck to have to make up the 5 days that we have missed (one of the days might be waived because it was due to the windstorm and the governor declaired that a state-of-emergency) but since I have no control over it I might as well enjoy it.

Much of the snow actually melted away today. It was the first time that it warmed up since the snow first showed up almost a week ago. The temps are supposed to drop tonight, which means freezing, which means bad streets. And the forecast is for more snow...but that doesn't mean that it will snow here or in Tacoma.

No comments: