Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Another Day Off!


In addition to Charlie, our outside cat, we also have two other creatures that frequent the back deck. One is a very ugly opossum (he looks like a giant rat, yuck) and the other is this raccoon. The opossum doesn't get a name, but I think of the raccoon as Rocky (because of the song). Anyway, he is very comfortable coming right up to the window and is not scared away when we turn on the light or even make noise. He comes looking for food. Sometimes Charlie doesn't eat all of his food and Rocky gets lucky.

Well today was yet another non-school day! Hard to believe it, but it is true. This means that the three-day weekend turned into a six-day weekend! I would have been shocked (especially since the rest of western Washington was on a late-start) but nothing could shock me anymore. Today Angie and I had subs lined up so we could spend the day planning. That will need to be rescheduled (it better be rescheduled or I will be VERY disappointed). Since the roads really weren't all that bad between where she lives and where I live she decided to drive up to my house so we could work. This was exactly what I needed to spend the day doing. It is amazing how you can avoid something for so long, and then when you are ready to do it it all just goes so well. We got a lot done and are now literally planned through the end of the year. Wow. And we even got most of the support documents for the current unit done!

I am actually starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to work. The next big hurdle is to tackle the 9th Grade Advisory--revising the second semester calendar and mapping out the planning day that we have scheduled for next week (and that better still be on as well).

I found an ovulation calculator thing online. This is what it told me:

(28 day cycle) You're likely to be most fertile from Sunday, January 21, 2007 to Friday, January 26, 2007. If you were to get pregnant during that time, your due date would be Wednesday, October 17, 2007.
Fertile days...............................Resulting due date
Sunday, February 18, 2007
to Friday, February 23, 2007.... Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Sunday, March 18, 2007
to Friday, March 23, 2007........Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Sunday, April 15, 2007
to Friday, April 20, 2007..........Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Sunday, May 13, 2007
to Friday, May 18, 2007...........Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Sunday, June 10, 2007
to Friday, June 15, 2007...........Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Sunday, July 8, 2007
to Friday, July 13, 2007............Wednesday, April 2, 2008

(35 day cycle) You're likely to be most fertile from Sunday, January 28, 2007 to Friday, February 2, 2007. If you were to get pregnant during that time, your due date would be Wednesday, October 24, 2007.
Fertile days..............................Resulting due date
Sunday, March 4, 2007
to Friday, March 9, 2007..........Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Sunday, April 8, 2007
to Friday, April 13, 2007..........Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Sunday, May 13, 2007
to Friday, May 18, 2007...........Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Sunday, June 17, 2007
to Friday, June 22, 2007..........Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Sunday, July 22, 2007
to Friday, July 27, 2007...........Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Sunday, August 26, 2007
to Friday, August 31, 2007......Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm sure that this information is thrilling to absolutely no one but me. Last night when Mr. C came to bed he saw the book I had been reading on the nightstand, it is titled "Getting Pregnant" (I bought it last year when we were TTC William). Anyway, he saw the book and just laughed. He thinks it is funny to read books and such on how to get pregnant because he sees it as a pretty simple concept. Have sex, get pregnant...end of story. He may have admitted his fears about BEING pregnant, but the man has no lack of confidence about GETTING pregnant. I wish I could be as confident, and that all anyone needed were: confidence + sperm + egg = BFP = screaming baby in 40 weeks.

But I'm back in the mind-set of trying this month! If I could be guaranteed a 28 day cycle I would not even give it much of a thought at this point. But prior to going back on the pill my cycles were 35 days or more. And that puts things further ahead than I would like.

What to do?

I guess that is something Mr. C and I need to discuss.

No comments: