Friday, December 29, 2006

sad, pathetic, whiney post

I feel terrible for what I am about to write. It is going to be whiney, pissy, and selfish.

I will preface it by saying: I love my family. But I just lost two of my vacation days, two precious days, and they were my last two days where I could be ALONE. As much as I love Mr. C and love spending time with him, I really treasure the days that I have to myself.

Yesterday I spent the bulk of the day cleaning and organizing the house. It was all needed, and I got some projects done that have been on my list of things to do for a long time...but they weren't very high on my list. Mr. C's older brother Clark and his new SO, Craig, came to stay with us. We knew Clark was coming but he was really vague about it all. We weren't sure how long he would be here or what his plans were. We didn't know if he would be staying with us or if Craig was coming along or not. So Wednesday he calls and says they are flying in Thursday evening and need us (me, Mr. C had band practice) to pick them up at the airport. Oh, and Craig is allergic to cats! Yikes! So this is part of why I spent so much of the day cleaning--to try to get things as allergy free as humanly possible. Since Mr. C was at band practice I hung out with Clark and Craig until he got home. We did go and have a delicious dinner at Circa, though. We also stopped off at Targit before heading back into the city and got an inflatable mattress so that they wouldn't have to sleep on the couches.

Today I did have some time to do some "me" things at the start of the day. I had an early hair appointment with Collin downtown, which was lovely. The salon was virtually vacant it was so early. Now my hair looks great! And I made another appointment with him before I left so that I don't have a repeat of last time and the time before (um, hair cuts in February and June...and that is it!). We went shopping at antique stores (most of them "craptique" stores, as Craig would say) in West Seattle and then downtown (near Pike Place Market and in Pioneer Square). I enjoyed spending time with them and am so glad that I got to meet and hang out with Craig. He is great and Clark really REALLY is into him (he even said "That is the man I am going to marry" after we dropped him off at the airport today). And we had a nice meal at lunchtime--Mr. C came home from work to eat with us--delicious food from Buddha Ruksa. Earlier, before lunch, we went to Cafe Verite~Cupcake Royale and had coffee and cupcakes...yum. But (here comes the whining) I didn't get to go running, and I didn't get to do all of the things on my To Do list (the *real* To Do list, the one with all of the things that I really want to do). And now it is late in the day and I just took some theraflu (why can't my sinuses just dry up?) and I am drowsy.

Ugh.

So that is where I am right now. Sad, pathetic person.

No comments: