Saturday, December 9, 2006

I think it's time to baby myself...

I got up and went for a run with Erin this morning. It would have been nice to sleep in, since I got so little sleep all week and am exhausted. But I did get up and we ended up running about 9 miles (a little more). It felt ok, not too bad. It was a little labored, definately not an "easy" run, but not a difficult one either. My left knee started to bother me during the last couple of miles. I have ice on it now and will continue to ice it over the next few days/until it is feeling better. We decided that we are for sure going to train for the Sedona marathon in February. We were talking about it during our run and even if something happens--like an injury or for some other reason we are not able to run the marathon--then we can just run the half and/or go to a spa or something. At any rate, it will be nice to go to Sedona for a long weekend with Erin.

This means that I need to take MUCH better care of myself than I have been for the last two weeks (and, really, even before then). Since we plan to start TTC after this marathon (as in, right after) then I really need to make sure my nutrition is over-the-top nourishing and nutritious. And I absolutely must get enough sleep. I know how important sleep is, and how sensitive I am to getting enough sleep--especially when I am in training. And all of this will require working reasonable hours. No more late nights at work, getting home after 8:00.

I am tired of making these statements and then not following through. I am so good (maybe too good) and "doing it all" when it comes to work. But when it comes to taking care of myself I haven't been as good (sometimes downright bad).

What is required/necessary to make sure that I meet this goal? Well, I guess treating it like I treat my other goals--by being proactive and having an action plan. So now I will do that.

No comments: