Saturday, March 3, 2007

what to say...?

I sat down to make my daily entry yesterday and it occurred to me that I didn't "have" to blog every day. I had set a goal for myself to write every single day for a month, near the end of January. I was pretty much successful, although one day I didn't post until after midnight.

Posting is sort of hard right now. I try not to write about work too much...and I am trying not to obsess about the whole baby-thing. But the reason why I started the blog in the first place was to have a way to express what I am going through...a way to help me cope. So I don't know what to write. I wish that I could come up with some deep, well-written reflections that would be helpful to anyone else out there reading. When I read "Certainly Not Cool Enough to Blog" I am always moved by what she writes. I also read blogs where the writers are witty and even funny. I suppose it is pointless for me to worry that I am writing eloquently or writing things that will move others. Not that I want to be boring anyone to tears or anything, but I just can't have that expectation for myself.

argh...





I just got home from having dinner with Erin and several of her friends. We went to a restaurant called Tempero Do Brasil to celebrate that Erin accepted a job offer at a school in Brasilia, Brazil. She will be leaving in August. I am at once extremely happy for her, and very sad that she will be leaving. It is a two-year contract. She says Seattle is her home and she will be coming back...I will miss her. We went for another very long walk this morning around Green Lake (three times around the lake). Oh, the food was pretty good, the servings were HUGE, and the service was s...l...o...w... The restaurant was this small, shabby place with a make-shift extra room at the front that is basically covered with an awning and has those large people-warmer things. There were two guys playing guitar and tamborine. Erin got up and played a tamborine and tried to learn to Samba. She is so cute. She just loves to have fun and doesn't hold back when she wants to do something. She thought it would be fun to play with the musicians, so she did.

2 comments:

msfitzita said...

Aw shucks, you have me blushing ;)

But, for the record, I find your blog very moving and very, very interesting. We each have our own voice, and I think yours is beautiful.

((((HUGS)))

Mrs Macgyver said...

Hey Michelle,

What happened to the quote for this blog entry? LOL Kidding.

Talk soon!

Joleen