Sunday, March 11, 2007

I've lost it

I never realized how much I take for granted the ability to be able to talk. My voice has gotten raspy before from being sick, but this is the first time that I have actually completely lost it. It is beyond frustrating and in many ways actually makes me feel lonely.

If it isn't back by tomorrow it will surely make teaching interesting. Luckily all three of the classes that I am teaching tomorrow are at points in their projects where they are fairly autonomous...at least enough that one day without my verbal guidance won't hurt things too much. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday we are not having classes, as those days are scheduled for the first section of the state test.

Mr. C is being very sweet about the whole sickness-thing. Having been a singer for so long he has very strong ideas about how to deal with an affliction of the throat. He wants me to go around the house wearing a scarf, doesn't think I should even attempt to talk, and says I should "surrender to the couch" and get as much rest as possible. Resting is not something I really ever give-in to. I'm one of those people who putters around the house...folds laundry or writes to-do lists while "watching" a movie. So here I am flat on my back with the laptop on my lap for a change. For a while, anyway. I really want to vacuum the area rug. That seems pretty pathetic.

Well, based on the two comments that I received from my last post (thank you once again to Sara & Rosepetal) I am going to relax about the Links list. If anyone out there wants me to take you off of my list, please just say the word and it is done.

No comments: