Tuesday, May 22, 2007

in the middle

So while I was obsessive about tryin’ 2 con.ceive, I found the site p33 on a stick dot com and read pretty much every word. Now I *know* everything I probably never really needed to know, for what it is worth. And today I am questioning what it is worth by and large, because something I read there keeps bubbling up into my consciousness. The woman who created that site makes the claim that she doesn’t believe that mid.dle.schmertz (translated, I believe into “p@in in th3 middle”) actually exists.

Well I am here to say that just because she has never experienced it, does not mean that it doesn’t exist. Today I almost doubled over in pain. P@in in th3 middle, that is. And this is not the first time. Despite my wack cy.cle last month, I’ve been pretty regular since I went off the old pillskys in January. And, sure enough, here I am on dia 15 again. I have to say that it is reassuring.

A friend of mine told me that if I go back on the pillskys that it will mean that those old eggies are preserved for when we want to call on them. Is this true? I plan to go back on them anyway, since it will improve the quality of certain aspects of my life so much. Sorry if that is TMI, but ‘tis the truth.

Sorry that I'm trying to disguise certain words and phrases, it does make my writing sound pretty silly. But I feel so bad when I check my stats and find that poor unsuspecting individuals out there who are seeking information about trying to get themselves knocked-up run across my blog.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hmmm. No, being on the p.ill will not preserve your eggs. Sadly, our eggs are scheduled to die after a certain amount of time, even when we're pregnant or on the pill.

Absolutely mid.dle.schmertz exists. I've always had it. I even think I can guess which ovary is producing the egg now because of it. My sister told me that was crazy, but like you said, just 'cause she doesn't feel it....Multiple ob/gyns have told me it's real, and while no one has studied whether you can really feel which ovary is expelling an egg, seems possible to them.

Good luck going back on the pill. I so hope that besides your pain in the middle, you and Mr. C are feeling better these days.

Aurelia said...

Ditto Sara. The pill will not preserve your fertility. And if you go on the continuous dosage ones your next few cycles after that will be off.

Not a big deal, but be prepared!

And I think middle..schmerz is real because I think it's ligaments pulling as the surging estrogen works on them.

Brenda said...

Sorry to agree but no the pill has no effect on your eggs. If it did I would have wonderful eggs rather than the crappy ones I pop out.

I never felt the 'middle' thing until we started trying and I was aware of what my body was doing.

Hugs
xxx