Monday, May 14, 2007

a brighter outlook


I am taking a cue from Niobe and showing you the view from my window. I never blog from work, only from home and most of the time from the chair I was sitting in when I took this picture. Those are even my feet, propped up on the ottoman that you can just barely see at the bottom of the picture.


I love that the living room wall is almost all windows. We never have put curtains up since we enjoy the view day and night. We are pretty certain that our neighbors can't really see in.


And this is part of the view once you step out onto the deck. Nothing spectacular, but it is private and relatively green.

I don't know how to create links within a post, so I will just explain that this is a (sort of) meme and that I encourage anyone else out there to follow my example and post a picture of what you see out of your window.

Update on the smelly situation:
I came home today to find that the drain is once again working as it should. Somehow the house just feels brighter. And now I have used the shower, am running a load of laundry, and am about to run the dishwasher. Am I tempting fate? If I am, then fates be damned.

And an update on the therapist situation:
I called and left a message with the woman I saw last week to tell her that I won't be coming in for the appointment that we scheduled for this week. I did explain why. I also called the therapist that my friend at work recommended and left her a message as well. Hopefully she will get back to me soon, and that things will be better.

3 comments:

niobe said...

The windows are just beautiful, but even though I tried to find them, I couldn't see your feet.

Yay on the improved water situation!

(and to give credit where it's due, I think it was S. at Rhymes With Javelin who originally started this meme)

BasilBean said...

Thank you for adding that link and giving credit to S.

I still can't figure out how to do that :(

BasilBean said...

Oh, and about those feet...

Just to the right of the arm of the sofa, along the bottom of the picture, there are two crescent shapes that are sort of like a tilted and backwards facing capital B. It is just the tops of my feet, wearing black shoes.

I am able to click on the photo to enlarge it, too, which makes it much easier to see details.