Thursday, November 13, 2008

visit to the Peri

I saw the Peri today and my cervix is measuring over 4 cm. Yahoo!!!!! The little one is doing great in there, too. And we are pretty sure that those are boy parts we're seeing. While it is still a little early to tell definitively, or as close as you can get with these things, she was pretty sure she not only saw the twig, but also the berries. We will have another look in a couple of weeks when I have my cervical length checked again. At that point we will be in the 17th week.

I'm feeling good, better each day. The Peri wants me to take it easy, preferably until after week 30. He said it is wonderful that I have that much length, and he wants to do whatever we can to keep it that way. So I will go back to work but on a modified schedule. I am so happy to be going back to work.

The scanner isn't set up, but I will ask Mr. C to help me do it because we are getting so many ultrasound pictures. Today we got one of (him) in 4D sucking (his) thumb. So cute. Oh, and a belly photo had finally been taken. A couple of nights ago my brother told me that we really need to take some pictures of my growing belly because if we don't do it then we will regret it. A few minutes later he came back into the room with his camera. He doesn't have a cable for his camera, either, but at least the picture has been taken.

7 comments:

Mrs Macgyver said...

Can't wait to see pics of the growing belly and 4d pics of your little one.

4cm is fantastic!!

Words just cannot begin to describe how happy and hopeful I feel for you. xxx

niobe said...

What great news!

Becky said...

Wow!! 4cm!! That's fantastic! I'm so happy for you!

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well. Keep taking it easy, each week is a major accomplishment!

Sara said...

4 cm! Awesome. That's a great number.

Monica H said...

4cm and twig and berries!

Wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

yaaay! excellent news. 4 cm! you must be so happy. thinking of you and your sweet little BOY!
Janice

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Remember me? I was your cycle buddy on ivillage and checked back here to see how you are doing! 17 weeks already- yay! So glad your surgery went well. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!