Friday, November 7, 2008

paradox

Last night I had a bit of a meltdown and came to the conclusion (more like it was brought to my attention and I finally acknowledged it) that I was in pain and that it was OK to take something for it. I took some tylenol and it really did help. While I am still moving slowly and am spending most of my time resting, I really am feeling a lot better today. I have hope that tomorrow will be even better. Still, even when I am back to feeling great, I have resolved to "take it easy" for the next...well, until I get out of the danger zone, a.k.a. the second trimester.

I marvel at the fact that I am now in the second trimester. I do realize that for most women this is something to celebrate, and I definitely am happy and thankful to continue to move forward every day, but making this transition came with trepidation. What is supposed to be the "best" part of pregnancy (according to one of my books) is the part of pregnancy that carries with it the most risk.

But I have made it this far. And I've done so by focusing on each day as it comes and not getting too far ahead of myself. Besides, while I look forward to Valentines' Day and the special significance that it will hold, there will be many great days between now and then to enjoy.

2 comments:

Monica H said...

One day at a time.

I haven't had a TAC, but when I had my vaginal cerclage, I found that Tylenol worked better than the pain meds they gave me.

Becky said...

Yup, I know those feelings. For
'regular' people, the 1st trimester is the most stressful. I can do the 1st trimester. It's the 2nd that I can't do. Which also happens to be the time with the most energy...and here we are afraid to leave our couch!

Hang in there, like Monica said...one day at a time. I honestly don't remember that much pain after my tvc. I think I just took Tylenol, though.