Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thanksgiving dinner...X 3!!!

We have celebrations at our long-term care facilities pretty regularly. There was a Valentine's Day dance in February, a St. Patrick's Day dinner in March, a big Cinco de Mayo fiesta in May, a brunch in June, and a BBQ in August. And this Saturday at the four houses that are located all next to each other we will have a Thanksgiving dinner. On Sunday the fifth house, which is located a few miles away from the others, will have a dinner as well.

The residents and family members at each of the houses have already made it clear that they expect to see me at the dinners. So this means that this year I will be enjoying Thanksgiving dinner three times! That's just fine with me, because we have some amazing cooks at our houses. And I cannot begin to express how much I LOVE pumpkin pie.

3 comments:

Monica H said...

Eat up! You are eating for two, you know!

Mrs Macgyver said...

Send some of that food my way - we don't have Thanksgiving here. Sounds like I'm really missing out on something here.

Hope you have a great time x 3!

Julia said...

Did you say pumpkin pie? I could use me some of that. Guess I'd better get backing then-- you live a bit too far to attempt mooching...

Hope you have three times the fun. :)