Tuesday, November 18, 2008

back at it

I've started painting again.

Just some little circles, a way to play with color, really, but it is a start.

I have so many paintings in my head. I have a list, too, of promised paintings to some of you out there. I haven't forgotten. I just literally have not picked up a brush (until a few weeks ago) since I made that promise. I will make good on it, though.

This blog looks so incomplete to me without pictures. Another promise: I will find the cable for my camera or buy a new one...soon. We took more belly pictures yesterday. And he said he thought it was a good idea to take a bare-belly picture. It was pretty funny, because, without thinking, I sucked in my stomach when he took the picture. We laughed when we looked at it, because it was so obvious. So we took another one where I relaxed.

Oh, and on an almost completely different topic:
You know how they say that horizontal stripes aren't a good idea if you are trying to look thinner? Well, this has never been an issue for me (unless I got crazy and decided to find some pants with horizontal stripes, as it is my rear end that needs minimizing) so I do have some striped shirts. Today I am wearing a top with small black and white stripes, kind of a sailor look, and I swear that it camouflages the belly. At least from the front view.

4 comments:

niobe said...

Because I'm trying on optismism (which I'm hoping, kind of like the striped shirt, will look good on me): I think I was one of the people you were thinking about doing a painting for. If you ever have time to do one for me* (I'm imagining circles in blues and whites), I promise I'll hang it in the nursery.



*Though, please, please don't feel any pressure. You have lots of other things to do that absolutely should come first.

Coggy said...

This is sad that I know this but recently someone did a study which showed that horizontal stripes, contrary to popular belief do make you look slimmer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/sep/12/slimming.stripes

I can't believe people get paid to study this kind of thing.

Glad you are doing so well post surgery. I am trying your tips on meditation. Anythings got to be worth a try!

BasilBean said...

Niobe, I think optimism looks great on you! I would be happy, honored in fact, to paint something for you. No pressure.

Coggy, I read that article--thanks for sending it. When I was wearing the shirt I kept thinking that there must be some sort of optical illusion about the stripes. It is kind of crazy that people get paid to study that kind of thing, but I sure do find it interesting.

Hey, you are on my list as well for a painting. Let me know if your thoughts about color/imagery has changed. I can work in any genre.

And I'm glad to hear that you are trying out meditating.

Monica H said...

Ooh, I think I may be on your list too :-) If not, no biggy!

But I'm glad you're painting again. I hope it does some good for your soul.