Friday, July 20, 2007

on my mind...

This is going to be one of those random posts...

Tomorrow is my birthday. I am still not certain what I will do to celebrate it. Per his request I sent Mr. C some ideas for activities and gifts and at this point I will let him take control of making final decisions. I just want to do something fun/silly/odd to perhaps get me out of my comfort-zone. We'll see what ends up happening. I will post about it eventually. One thing that I know for certain is that at some point during the day there will be extravagantly decadent cheesecake. And if past experience is an indicator for future expectations, Mr. C will insist that I get at least two slices.
____________________

I'm leaving early Sunday morning for Chicago. I will be there for six days. I am not super excited to be going as I am finally starting to get the hang of this relaxing thing. The trip is for work--I will be attending an Institute for teaching Advanced Placement Art. I've been teaching it for two years and really enjoy it, so when the brochure came three months ago it sounded like a great idea. I will enjoy it once I am there. Do you think they will let me take left-over chessecake on the airplane?
____________________

Holy cow...have you seen Tammy Faye (Baker) lately? Yesterday we were watching CNN and as the program went to commercial her image flashed on the screen to promo. an interview with Larry King. She looked like a painted skeleton. Mr. C and I both literally gasped in recoil. How sad. The poor woman has cancer. Her face will haunt me for months.
____________________

Tonight is Erin's going away party. She is leaving for Brazil while I will be in Chicago. I can't write about it because I will get too emotional. I am going to miss my friend terribly.
____________________

It looks like we will be moving once our lease is up in September. Last week Mr. C and I had discussed this and had pretty much come to the decision to move. We want to stay in this neighborhood, but find a larger house. Well the other day our landlord called and asked me what our plans are because she wants to move into our house. She has another house a few blocks away that might be coming available around the time our lease is up, so we may move in there. I've walked by the house and it looks good from the outside.
____________________

After only three days I feel like the little green pills are starting to work. I'm still not eating a lot but one of the side effects, at least initially, is loss of appetite. Since I've already lost six pounds this has to change soon. It will. I love food. I'm sure the cheesecake will help:)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

tomarrow is my b-day too....just wanted to tell you that. I am feeling mixed about the whole "happy birthday".....Its not so happy for me...but I want to send you loving thoughts on your day though.

birdies mama

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

De-lurking to say "Happy Birthday!" Hope the cheesecake is wonderful!

Oh, and definitely take the leftovers on the plane! We took leftover wedding cake to Mexico - thank goodness we didn't get caught at customs! Every bite was delicious!

Julia said...

Happy birthday!
Hope the cheesecake was good. Want you to know I am craving some now. :)

Sara said...

Whoops. I missed your birthday. I hope it was happy. And that you got to take your cheesecake with you.

I hope the effects of the little green pills continue to improve.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Hope you had a wonderful day and did something nice!!

Hugs
xxx

Lori said...

I am getting caught back up after being on the other side of the mountains again.

It sounds like a lot of good things are happening for you, or at least a new momentum forward. That's great and I hope your birthday gave you the change of pace you were looking for.

Have you started reading Kathleen Norris's book yet? I was wondering what you thought of it so far (if you are reading it).

Sara said...

So...how was the birthday?

I hope you had a good trip to Chicago.