Monday, July 9, 2007

a new look

So it isn't a drastic change or anything, but today when I was fussing over trying to get my stat meter to show up I played with the template and changed it.

Sometimes change feels good, even if it is something small.

I've been doing that around the house as well. It all started last night when I rearranged two chairs in my living room. We have a leather club chair that matches our sofa and a modern slipper chair and ottoman that is a similar color to the accent wall (in the celadon/chartreuse range). Anyway, I bought this chair and ottoman not too long after returning to work after William died. I feel like I have been sitting in this chair for a year. Moving it felt good to me. I had no idea how happy it would make Mr. C. He kept going on and on about how he can sit in his favorite chair again and how he has asked me numerous times to move it. I really didn't realize how much it would mean to him. Isn't it funny that 1) this went right passed me and 2) that he didn't feel like he could move the darn chair himself? Hmmm...

Another change: I am reaching out to old friendships that I have neglected. Saturday in a burst of inspiration I sent e-mails to two friends who I hadn't spoken to in about three years. One friend called me within hours. The other friend didn't get the e-mail until she got to work today, and wrote right back.

5 comments:

Julia said...

You sound a little lighter, and I am glad to see it.

Mrs. Collins said...

How nice it is to reach out to old friends. I have a few friendships I've let fall apart, and I should fix them. It just seems like the longer you go without calling, the harder it is to. Yes, my hubby gripes at me for stuff he could do...like check the mail.

Lori said...

I did laugh to myself and also wondered, "Why didn't have just move the chair??" But I also know that sometimes men view the house, and the decorating, as so much our domain that they don't dare mess with it. Come to think of it, my husband better darn well ask me before he moves any chairs! :)

Change can be good. You're right!

I need to work on that reaching out thing too...

Lori said...

Oh brother... typing too fast... You know I meant, "Why didn't HE just move the chair?!?"

Sara said...

That's so funny he wouldn't just move the chair on his own, but like everyone else, when I think of where my husband might put things if he decided to decorate on his own, I appreciate his restraint. but why couldn't he suggest it?

Very subtle changes you've made to the website, but it's wonderful you're reconnecting with old friends.