Friday, June 1, 2007

totally frivolous things

Quite a while back (really I am not sure how long ago, so it was long enough for me to forget, which must indicate a significant amount of time) I got lost in blog things. Such a mind-numbing activity, but sometimes I revel in such things. It can be nice to have a numb mind.

More substantive posts will follow, at some point, but for now I reveal to you a peek into "the real me" according to blog things.



If they told you I'm mad, then they lied.
I'm odd, but it isn't compulsive.
I'm the triolet, bursting with pride;
If they told you I'm mad, then they lied.
No, it isn't obsessive. Now hide
All the spoons or I might get convulsive.
If they told you I'm mad then they lied.
I'm odd, but it isn't compulsive.
What Poetry Form Are You?





You Are Scooter



Brainy and knowledgable, you are the perfect sidekick.

You're always willing to lend a helping hand.

In any big event or party, you're the one who keeps things going.

"15 seconds to showtime!"






You Are 44% Nerdy



You may be a bit surprised with this score, but your more of a closet nerd than an actual nerd.

Stop denying your inner nerd! You're truly dorkier than you think.



Ah, but the truth is that finding out that I am only 44% nerd was a surprise. I really was expecting a higher score. Maybe that adds some points? Shouldn't actually thinking you are a nerd account for something? And what about the Muppet personality test result? I mean, clearly Scooter is the biggest nerd of all of the Muppets.

4 comments:

niobe said...

I'm only 32% nerdy. I think there's something very wrong with that test.

Sara said...

So my husband took the test for me and then I took the test for me - he got that I'm Miss Piggy while I got that I'm Kermit! I think I'm right.

As for nerdy, only 28%. It's a poor test, I think.

BasilBean said...

Last night I had Mr. C take the test and he scored 72% when he answered honestly.

I think the test is more a measure of male nerd qualities than female. Since Mr. C is way into computers I think this tipped the scale. That and the comic book collection from his childhood which he still holds quite dear. Oh, and I didn't even know what exactly qualified as progressive rock, or "prog rock" as Mr. C said it is more commonly called (to the nerds, I guess). Apparently the band Tool, which he does like, is an example of this type of music. This is most definitely a band that primarily appeals to males.

Lori said...

Well, I'm a Kermit- which without sounding arrogant, seems about right. Especially the over-thinking part.

And I am 4% nerdy, which I guess makes me almost completely un-nerdy. But I also agree that the quiz was geared more toward male nerdy-ness. I think women have a whole different nerd culture. If it were more female oriented I am sure I would have scored higher.