Saturday, January 5, 2008

something to see...before it's too late

The visual blog I have in my links is a project that two women who live across the country from each other have spent the last year working on. It is a visual record of "a year of mornings." I have enjoyed seeing the beautiful and often poignant compositions, the juxtaposition of the two photographs (which complement each other sometimes in their contrast, sometimes in their similarity, always in their spirit), and the narrative quality of the work as a whole--it truly tells the story of a year in the lives of these creative women.

The project is now complete and the women are planning to move on now to a "year of evenings," which I am looking forward to watching develop.

I'm not sure how long the current project will stay up, so go and take a look before it's gone. Seriously, go look at it.

5 comments:

Mrs. Collins said...

I just looked at January, but I'll look more closely at it tomorrow. It's amazing!! I can't even find my way to the bathroom many times much less capture images that speak so much.

Coggy said...

That is cool. I like the fact that they are doing it together. DH and I are doing the flickr 366 (as is it this year) project. I'm finding it hard work already, I hope we'll make it to the end of the year. I wish we'd picked something like this though, a year of mornings or evenings. Although we have the same mornings but still.
I look forward to seeing their next project.

Anonymous said...

WOW, thank you so much for bringing that to my attention!! Beautiful artful images...tell me how much those inspire you to paint? I actually saw like 13 of them I'd love to recreate in a painting...very inspirational....Just what I needed today....

niobe said...

Amazing photos. And there's something especially interesting about the fact that they're paired. I wonder if they consulted with each other when picking each day's picture.

Monica H said...

I had seen this before and I think it's neat. I look forward to seeing the "evenings" too :)