Tuesday, January 1, 2008

OK so I thought it was funny anyway

This is a bit obscene and I hope I don't offend anyone but I just have to get this down. I will try to keep it as clean as possible.

Mr. C and I were talking about how it is almost time to start trying to get me knocked-up again. When we got pregnant with William we simply did what needs to be done every day for like two weeks from about day 6 to day 20. I had been on the pill for many years and prior to that had irregular cycles, so I had no idea when I might ovulate. Those were the days when I had no knowledge of things like OPKs or EWCM...such an innocent I was. At any rate, doing it every day worked but we were both exhausted.

Anyway, so I actually used the word "trying" and he said something about how he doesn't want to feel like we are trying and then extrapolated on all of the, um, fun things that we might do...

And at some point I stopped him and said something about how you can't make a baby doing many of the things he mentioned. Because, for example, you can't make a Butt-Baby.

And without skipping a beat he responds with "Then how do you explain Karl Rove?"

6 comments:

Beruriah said...

haha

I wish you continued fun & laughter in this process!

Unknown said...

HAHA!

That is brilliant! Butt-baby...Karl Rove!

Seriously though....I wish you many fun romantic days!

FUN FUN FUN!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha omg that's hysterical! How does one make it seem like you're not "trying"? I'm still working on that.

Ashleigh said...

ha ha! i wish you much luck!

wannabe mom said...

i laughed out loud when i read this! i hear you about the "trying but not trying". hope you have fun!!!

Julia said...

I have to say there is really no other explanation. I think he nailed it right on the head (yeah, yeah, bad puns galore).