Sunday, September 2, 2007

fucked-up

....really, just too many drinks to count. I suppose if I worked really hard I could sort it out and come up with a number that is pretty close to accurate. No, I am not a drinker. But it was a bachelorette party and I saw it as my duty to drink along with the bride-to-be. Honestly it felt like the first glass of wine did me in...I just kept going with the flow and it really is amazing how people will keep buying a girl drinks.

This is not at all how I pictured my return to posting. The trouble is that so much time has passed. Many posts have bubbled-up into my consciousness and all of the thoughts and ideas that have fluttered through my mind are so varied. Please excuse me, it is a wonder I am able to type at all right now.

What I mean to say is that I am here and I am ok. It is just that I haven't been able to post because time just gets away with me. My days are filled with appointments and tasks and meditating and painting and yes I do find time to flip open the laptop but I find myself unable to comment when I do catch up on blogs because I know that time is precious and how If I allow myself it dissappears on me and also there is the feeling that I get that if I comment on one blog then I will feel like I need to comment on all of them...because I care about all of you and don't want you to think otherwise.

So I resolve to write a bit each day. Just a bit. And to all of you out there, I think about you so much. I will comment on your blogs to let you know that "in person." Yes, I am ok... very well, in fact. And see how brazenly I tempt fate by writing it down in black and white? Wow. But "very well" does not mean "perfect" because that simply does not exist.

OK, I know I am leaving this half-way thought-out...but this is as good as I can muster right now.

4 comments:

Rosepetal said...

I'm glad you updated Basilbean.
I also don't comment everywhere all the time mostly through lack of inspiration. But I try and rotate a little where a I do comment. Looking forward to your future posts.

Mrs. Collins said...

So good to hear your voice, even if it was slurred. Yes, blogging can sometimes be a chore because of that need to comeent all the time. I for one don't care that much if I get comments (although they are nice). I just like reading others' blogs (like yours!). And don't feel any pressure to write the best post ever. If I let that stop me, I'd never have one post! I just like to know that you are still out there.

niobe said...

Posting under the influence? I've done that too (shhh... don't tell anyone).

It's good to hear from you and good to hear that things are going well. Maybe you could post some pictures of your paintings, even if you don't feel inspired to write anything. I know I'd love to see them -- even in an unfinished state.

Lori said...

I too am glad to know you are still here, and that you are okay. Even small posts are fun to find!

How are the moving plans coming?