Friday, September 28, 2007

finally making some time to write

The days are beginning to blur into each other.

This move has not been one of those rushed experiences where you have a day or so to get from here to there. Because I haven't been working I have had the time to really sort through everything and purge like mad and organize things like the true type-A that I am. And because we are not moving into our own place just yet most of our furniture and whatnot is going into storage. Because of this we have moved loads of boxes over each time either of us has taken a trip across the sate over the past several weeks. Mr. C was going over there each weekend while his parents were away in Europe so that he could look in on the business and take care of payroll. Finally he had his last day of work last week and then the "real" moving began. But I have still had appointments over here so I have been living in the practically empty house for almost a week. Sleeping on an air mattress is pushing me to my limit.

It is telling to see what remains in an otherwise empty house when you are down to the "necessities." Here is a list of some of the key items that remain:
>Two cats
>A 12 year old goldfish
>an air mattress
>a portable stereo/radio
>basic toiletries
>a few towels
>several changes of clothes (I've actually held back a lot of my clothes here, Mr. C doesn't know that.)
>laundry detergent & tons of other cleaning products
>a can opener
>a pizza cutter and pizza pan (for Mr. C)
>one fork
>one plastic spoon
>a microwave
>paintbrushes, paint, and works in progress
>a few books to read

An abbreviated version of this list was shared with our therapist the other day (by Mr. C, who is far funnier than I am) and she responded that it sounded like the makings of a good short story.

We are excited and anxious to move. As though Mother Nature is giving us a push, it is raining here and sunny there. Not that I have issue with the rain, though, because I actually love it. But sunny days do make my heart sing.
___________________________________________

On another note...
This morning I am off to see my therapist for the last time and to take this painting to my friend Laurie. She saw Sheri's paintings and requested one for herself. She liked the one with the hearts but said she likes orange. We'll she if she likes this color scheme. It is very high-key, so it is possible that it won't be what she had in mind.


11 comments:

Beruriah said...

That's a really lovely painting. You are so talented. I like the color scheme.

We did a move like that two and a half years ago. Only had an apartment's worth of stuff, though. But still I loved taking it slow, labeling boxes, making hierarchies of what needed to be accessible when and where. Strange traits reveal themselves. I never knew I could get so excited about boxes, rubbermaid, and labels....I hope it continues to go smoothly.

niobe said...

Wow. I agree with Beruriah about the painting. I don't know if you've ever considered marketing them, but the ones you've posted are just gorgeous.

Monica H said...

I want one and my colors are red black and white :)

Brenda said...

Firstly, I want to know how you can have a 12 year old goldfish?? I cant get them to live 12 days! lol

The painting is beautiful.

hugs xxx

Julia said...

This painting is beautiful, as were all the other ones you posted. Just beautiful. And your colors are so rich and alive. Love them.

Erin Hirsch said...

I'm taking my time reading back through all your posts. You are in my thoughts daily! Your painting is beautiful

Unknown said...

that is so very lovely....it makes me think about my Birdie girl.

Lori said...

I love the painting. I sure wish I had caught you before you moved! I love greens, reds, and anything kind of earthy (just in case you get a hankering).

I'm glad the move is going well, and I hope you are enjoying that east side sun! It's been kind of dismal here, but actually nice this afternoon. It comes and goes (as you well know).

I hope we hear more from you once you are settled!

Mrs. Collins said...

I love those paintings too. I hate moving and I'm glad to know that your move is progressing well. Don't forget to move the coffee maker, toilet paper, and cd player first. You have to have those in the new place!!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting theme, I will take part. Together we can come to a right answer. I am assured.

Anonymous said...

It is removed (has mixed section)