Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Brrrr...Snowed In!

I was so VERY happy to have the phone ring this morning with the message I was hoping for: No School! I didn't even fully wake up, just climbed back into bed and slept long, long, long. On my drive home from work last night the snow started falling. I stopped into the market for just a few minutes and when I came back out the parking lot and my car were covered in a blanket of snow. I actually slid driving out of the parking lot. Yikes. Luckily I didn't hit anything. The rest of my drive home was super slow.

I am sore. I didn't stretch or ice after the marathon. It was just so cold and wet and all I felt like doing was getting into dry clothes and eating something. Not that it would have made a huge amount of difference, as it is normal to be sore. I have been keeping busy today puttering around the house. There is still plenty to do, as I got out all of the Christmas decorations on Friday but didn't get things put out/away before the marathon.

The report is that there is more snow coming, but it hasn't snowed all day so it is hard to imagine. While it would be nice to have another day off of work, tomorrow is a half-day anyway and it is a "gold" day (periods 5-8) which is my "easy" day--I teach one intro. class and the other two are advanced (Drawing & Painting and AP Studio Art). Whatever...

I hope Charles is ok out there in this snow. He came by yesterday and I put some food out for him and made a cozy bed in the cat carrier with warm blankets inside and a cover on the outside to keep it warm and dry inside. But by the time I went back out with the blankets and such he was gone--just his little paw prints in the snow. Hopefully he found somewhere to stay warm.

I think I'll go back to tidying up around the house now.

No comments: