Saturday, February 21, 2009

too close

I just stole a few minutes to visit some blogs (despite my long To Do list for today) and found Niobe's most recent post (sorry I still haven't gotten my act together to link properly...she is in my link's list, though). Since I haven't posted a picture in I-don't-know-how-long, her post has inspired me to post a picture that Mr. C took well over a year ago. He had given me a new camera as a gift, and proceeded to take a ton of pictures with it, one is this extreme close-up of my eye (it may be a bit too close for comfort, I'm afraid).



The other day I finally got online and ordered the darn cable for my camera, so it should come in the mail soon. I know that the one that came with the camera is around somewhere, but I'm tired of looking for it/hoping it will materialize.

What color are my eyes? Well, they are brown--I suppose that is obvious. But they have specks of gold in them and depending on the lighting (or, I like to claim, my mood) they take on a more greenish cast, so I have often referred to them as hazel brown. What color eyes will the Little Guy have? That is a question that I am so looking forward to finding out. According to what I learned in high school biology class, it is pretty much a 50% chance they will be brown and a 50% chance they will be blue. Mr. C has the most beautiful blue eyes, and his father and my mother both have blue eyes as well.

5 comments:

Julia said...

It's not too close, and it's beautiful.

The Cub was born with these incredibly bright blue eyes, and they weren't changing for so long that I began to believe he would get to keep them. But they just started adding and changing color this week. I think they may end up the color of Niobe's. Funny that...

Anonymous said...

actually its a little more than just 50/50. if 2 parents have light eyes you have a very high chance they will be light as well ie: blue hazel or green. Basil I'd call your eyes hazel one of the most wonderful eye shades I think, its got depth and is never the same
(no i don't have hazel eyes so its a real opinion not a biased one) Walkers eyes are hazel, mine are green...so far chase has a blue green thing going on, so even tho he isn't done yet I can say with confidence he will be blue or green or a combo.
Anders has clear ice blue. his dad has brown, but the majority of our families have green or blue...he got the lighter shade more prevelant. obviously I'm not genetic genius but I've heard some theory on this. so that was my 2 cents for you...he could have orange eyes and they'd be the most beautiful things you've ever seen ha ha thanks for the comment...it got me in gear...sorry to have been gone so long again!

luna said...

beautiful.

thanks for your comment too.

Rachel said...

I think you eye is beautiful. I am visiting from Niobe's post. You can see mine here: http://raspberrychip.blogspot.com/2009/02/eyes.html

niobe said...

Definitely hazel. And definitely beautiful.