Sunday, February 15, 2009

feeling down

I think I'm getting motion sickness from all of the emotional ups & downs I've been through lately. Nothing really bad has happened to warrant the downs, I've just been extremely sensitive. I find myself crying over something, then I get mad at myself for crying and it just makes it worse. Today I woke up just feeling sad and negative...down in the dumps...blue. I hope I snap out of it soon.

Is this typical for this part of pregnancy? Is it because of the P17 shots? Or is it just me?

I had a really, really bad experience last week over the phone with the woman who does the billing for my Peri. I have been paying the bill--chipping away at it with pretty hefty payments, even--but still got a nasty note on my most recent statement. So I called them to have a chat about things and was completely blind-sided by the response I got. Despite the fact that I made two payments in December and one in January, she spoke to me as though I were delinquent on my account (she had the same records I had right in front of her, I checked) and was basically demanding a HUGE payment or I would be dropped from the practice. What? They are the only Maternal Fetal Medicine practice in my area, so where else would I go? I was offering to make a payment over the phone but it was only half of what she wanted that day (and, she added, another payment of that size when I see them next week for my appointment--followed by the balance of the account next month!). So I ended up saying bye-bye to her without even making a payment. Then I proceeded to have a complete meltdown right here in my living room. Not just tears and boo hoo, but all-out screaming. Yikes. I pulled myself together enough to call Mr. C and he talked me down. You see, while we have several other large medical bills right now (yes, we have insurance, but this all--as many of you I'm sure are more than well aware of--still costs a lot of money), we are doing pretty well financially. I feel like I should knock on something, given the current state of the economy. WE are doing well, but I make a fraction of what I used to make before we moved here. And I am used to taking care of things MYSELF. So I was so happy that I had figured out how I could manage all of the medical bills from my account. The bill will be payed in full when I go in on Tuesday, but Mothership is going with me and she is going to make sure that the doctor is aware of how this woman treated me. She is one heck of a bad ass when she wants to be, too, so we'll see how that goes.

But other than that experience things have been going well. We had a nice Valentine's Day. Still, I'm feeling pretty down.

Tomorrow will be a new day, though, and I plan to wake up feeling better.

4 comments:

Monica H said...

What a biatch! I'm glad your MIL is going to with you to be your advocate. My MIL and My mom are both bad asses when it comes tostuff like that. I'm sorry you were treated that way.

I do hope you wake up feeling better. You don't need the added stress.

Please let us know how Tuesday's appt. goes.

missing_one said...

*hugs* I hate stuff like that. Like, can't it be even a little easy because of all the shit we've been through?

thinking of you. hoping it gets a little easier

Ange said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling so emotional and all the medical bills sure don't help. Its amazing that you are SO far into this pregnancy and things are going so well. Hope today finds you feeling happier. xx

Anonymous said...

OMG i had a similar thing kinda happen. and I called the head dr of the practice and said I had better get a call back from her only. When she called i explained to her I have been a patient there since I was 18 yrs old and have never been treated so badly in all my life as the woman in billing had treated me. and continued to treat me. I said I recommended them to several people and my family goes there as well. I also told her I was so offended i thought about switching dr's at 8 months pregnant. well she told me she would speak with the billing woman. the next time I saw her in the office she did the equivelant of putting her tail between her legs and running for a hiding spot. turns out when i see her in person shes one of those same angry frumpy unhappy moms from my school, who judged me for having a job where I dressed nicely and looking younger than I am. i said see you at the school honey. ha haha
i hate valentines day, never celebrate it.

and yes the meltdowns are SO normal!!