Tuesday, April 22, 2008

back on land

...but I feel like I am still on a boat, even though we got off the ship on Sunday morning. We had a long travel day yesterday that started at 4:30 a.m. and included two flights and a 4 hour drive. Today I am tired.

The trip was quite an experience. We had fun and enjoyed being away for a while. Being on a cruise really was a step into a different reality. I enjoyed sitting in the sun and reading, eating good food, and dancing almost every night. Mr. C and I made a little video of some highlights of the cruise which I hope to post in the next few days or so. He wants to fiddle around with it, so I'm really not sure when it will be done.

I got a little taste of summer, which felt wonderful. Apparently the weather here was pretty sunny and warm as well while we were away. Before we left it was still feeling like the verge of spring. The tree in our backyard, along with trees all over the area, was covered in blossoms. Now, the trees are full of yellow-green leaves. It is like the color dial on the landscape was turned up several notches--spring has definitely sprung.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Hey, welcome back. Glad to hear you had a good time.
So what will we get to see first-- the house or the boat? :)

Monica H said...

Glad you had a good time. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Oh the cruise sounds heavenly. Glad you got to relax and enjoy it. Welcome back. Pics pics pics ...ha ha no pressure.