Sunday, March 29, 2009

so much baby stuff




The dresser and the crib were delivered on Tuesday morning and when I got home from work that day I started painting the tree. It is still a work in progress. I plan to add birds and other critters and who knows what else to it. I was inspired by a tree I saw in a PB catalogue a long time ago and through my travels online I found the same tree on a site that sells wall decals. I chose to paint it, though, since it allows me to make it fit exactly where I want it and to customize it. I don't know if it is evident in the photos, but the tree also goes up onto the ceiling.

Having these new additions to the house was just starting to sink in when, a mere four days later, I carried a car load of baby stuff into the house. Mothership threw me a baby shower. It was lovely. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about having a baby shower, but I am glad that we did it. Even though it was a bit overwhelming, it felt so good to be surrounded by so much love. I'm taking my time putting things away and don't really feel ready to start washing things and all that. A part of me thinks that I should just get it all done, though.

We had the shower at one of our Homes, and most of the pictures include at least one of our residents. For privacy reasons, I won't post them (I can crop them out, but don't want to do that right now). Here is one that only has me in it.


And here is a picture of the cake.

5 comments:

heathers243 said...

The room looks beautiful! So happy for you---not much longer now :)

Monica H said...

I absolutely love the tree, it's beautiful.

Glad you had a shower and had a good time. You look gorgeous, darling!

Hennifer said...

I ADORE the tree! I need someone to come paint something like that in my apartment. I have really high vaulted ceilings and those decals just aren't big enough.

Coggy said...

You look so well and happy! I'm glad you enjoyed your baby shower.
Come decorate my nursery... pretty please :o)
Yours looks stunning, I love the furniture too.

Anonymous said...

you know what lady? wash those things :) I love love love the tree!! (I did an ambitious and LONG drawn out mural of the Justice Laegue on Anders wall when he was 4 ha haha, he loved it).
also take a nap a day maybe 2, throw in 3 just cause you can...please for me. I can sleep vicariously through you? no? yes!