Wednesday, December 10, 2008

nineteen weeks

I wrote a post about what happened just before Thanksgiving that threw my life into a bit of turmoil. It was a well written post, albeit long and very revealing. It is on my laptop and, for some reason that I don't understand, I can't connect to the internet from my laptop. So here I am sitting at an actual desk.

An attempt at a brief explanation of what happened:

*****The explanation has been deleted, as my anonymity has been thwarted where my family is concerned. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, as things could be taken very personally, so I am taking this particular part of this post out.


_________________

Later today I have an appointment with the Peri for a cervical length check and also to have the fetal survey done. I managed to make it until the wee hours of this morning before the anxiety set in. I woke up two hours before my alarm with my mind swimming. I fell back to sleep, only to wake up again about an hour later...from a bad dream in which, in the dream, I started to have a painful contraction. I woke up, lying on my back, and was, indeed, having a contraction. I have no idea if it was actually painful, or if that was just from the dream. I've been having irregular contractions (uterus bulges and hardens) for several weeks now. Usually there is no pain, only some discomfort if my bladder is full. The P17 shots should start in a couple of days, as the pharmacy is filling my order now. The whole thing was delayed because my OB wanted me to have a home health agency come and do the shots. But my insurance wouldn't cover it, so Mothership will be doing it for me. I will feel so much better once we get started with it.

I am focusing on having a good experience today. They will treat me well. The results will all be good.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Oh... this sounds terrible. I am sorry it worked out so poorly for you and your brother.

I hope the appointment today goes well. FWIW, I had the long BH contractions from early on in my last pregnancy. I didn't start having actual sinusoidal contractions until 29w2d, and after that it was in and out of triage. We made it to 36w4d, so not too shabby. If the contractions you are having now are BH, then perhaps P17 can get rid of them and keep the real ones at bay for the duration. If they are real ones, it might be prudent to try to get that first shot today, especially if the cervical length isn't too great.

Thinking of you.

Mrs Macgyver said...

Families are a complicated and stressful entity without mental health issues, so I can't even begin to imagine how stressful and full on the situation with your brother was. I hope things improve for him and your relationship.

Fingers crossed for your appointment today. I want to hear the same cervical length from your last post!

Oh and congrats on a second son!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Hope your appointment was good and that you're little boy is doing well.
Sorry to hear about the stress at home with your brother - sounds like a very difficult situation.
Take care.
Janice

Monica H said...

When you first mentioned you had issues going on, I really didn't know what it was about, but I certainly didn't think it was about your family. I'm so sorry things didn't work out between you and your brother. Family relations can be so hard.

Hope to hear good news about your appt soon.