Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the best possible outcome

Just after we entered the waiting room the door opened and it was an ultrasound tech calling back another patient. It was the tech that I got last time, the one I was hoping not to see again today. Check.

A little while later when the door opened for me, it was the ultrasound tech who I did want. She is the one who has done all of my other ultrasounds at this office. She is so kind, spends what seems like an endless amount of time going over everything, explains all that she is seeing and tells me everything is alright--doesn't leave any mysteries for my poor little mind to twist. Check.

Despite the fact that the Little Guy was BUSY (they eventually asked me what I ate for lunch today!) she was able to get every measurement she needed. Everything about the little Guy looks great. Fluid looks great. Placenta looks great. Cord looks great. Check.

And can we have a drum roll, please? My cervical length is....the same!!!!!!! They didn't even have to break out the wand--they were able to get good enough measurements abdominally--so I didn't have to go through the torture again. Check.

And to top it all off, the Peri redeemed himself in my eyes. Last time I had felt that he was insensitive. Today when we met in his office he told me that because of all of the results he doesn't feel like it is necessary to see me so often. However, he quickly added, since we are fast approaching the loss week as well as Christmas he feels that it would be best to continue with appointments every two weeks for the sake of my emotional well being. He said that he doesn't want to back off on the visits until I am through the highest risk time. Bonus check.

I am a happy lady. I can tell that the experience was a much needed reassurance for Mr. C as well, based on comparing his moods prior to and post appointment.

6 comments:

Mrs Macgyver said...

That is fantastic! Sounds like a perfect appointment on all counts. Hope you are reassured and somewhat relaxed after today.

Monica H said...

That's excellent news- all of it!

niobe said...

I'm so glad to read this.

Julia said...

Wheeeee!
Sounds great. Just great.
Stay long, cervix, stay long.

Rosepetal said...

great news!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy for you sweety!! thats wonderful. I'm having time of year issues for a few reasons, despite having lost my baby in Sept, and a few other antagonists not helping this year. I can honestly say Christmas is already semi ruined for us which sucks. I hope that you have whatever you need and enjoy your holiday as much as you can. its a tug of war I'm sure. Thinking of you

C