Monday, February 1, 2010

William: 2/1/2006

I just put Vincent down for a nap and am fighting the urge to do chores, etc., as I usually do.

It is hard to believe that four years have gone by. Four years. I have to count them on my fingers to check...yep, it's true.

My days are busy from start to end and "spare" moments are few. Someone said something to me the other day about cherishing the rare moment of silence that comes along and I couldn't help but think that I have been all too familiar with silence...with spare time. I didn't think this in a negative or judgmental way, like I am so enlightened and anyone who doesn't see it the way that I do just doesn't appreciate what they have. No, it was just a matter of fact. My days, hours, minutes are full. I am thankful for what I have.

Vincent is growing and developing like he is in full-speed-ahead mode. It's been like this from the start for him, but since he reached 9 months he seemed to take a quantum leap forward from being a baby to being an almost-toddler. Maybe they all do this and I just don't know because all of the baby stuff is new for me. He is a joy. He is such a lover and so darn happy all of the time. He has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh. That goofy laugh I developed when I was pregnant with him hasn't gone away and he has it, too. I guess I got it from him.

I won't go into all of the details, but something profound happened on Saturday. I don't know if anyone still reads this very inactive blog (nothing to read in almost 5 months!) but if you are interested in the details I will share them through e-mail. At any rate it came to our attention that William had been hanging around to watch over us. He was gently told that we are OK and that he can move on. It hadn't occurred to me that letting go could go both ways. It sounds odd to write it out and in such a brief way, but that is what I am comfortable with right now. I will say that although it happened two days before the date of his birth/death, it wasn't something we went out looking for (not a visit to a psychic or anything).

The pull to do disheslaundryetc. is winning out.

13 comments:

Hennifer said...

It is so lovely to hear an update from you, and the new photo.

I stop by every couple of days just to see how life is for you. I have been assuming that all quiet on the written front meant life was busy.

You've been missed and all of you are thought of often.

How lovely that your William reached out!

Take care!

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

I am still reading too, checking in every now and then.

Reading your words just now sent chills, good chills, flowing thru me.

The Nanny said...

I do check back from time to time, and I'd love to know what happened with William!

Mrs Macgyver said...

It puts a big smile on my face to see an update from you. I've been missing your online presence these last few months.

I would love to hear what happened.

niobe said...

I'd love to hear what happened.

Thinking of you.

heathers243 said...

Glad to see you are enjoying your sweet munchkin :) hugs

Monica H said...

So good to read an update from you. I've missed you and your words and I'm glad to read that Vincent is such a lover. I'd love to hear your laughter :-)

I, too, would love to read about what happened with William.

Coggy said...

So glad you're all doing OK. Thanks for updating. Vincent sounds like he is doing great guns. I found the same with Em when she turned 9 months, she's been all action ever since.
I'd love to hear about William if you feel like emailing me too.
Take care x x

Tania said...

I have been wondering where you went and hoping eveything was okay! I would love to know what happend, I really would! It has been five years for me, and as morbid as this sounds, I have had his ashes with me until last fall, I just didn't know what to do with them.....then his Great Grandfather insisted on getting a grave stone and burying him by his Great Grammie and well since then, my life has been spiritually great, not in the I am religous, throw it in your face kind of way but just different, it was like a fog lifted over me once we buried him and said informal goodbye's the formal one won't be till this spring as I live in Maine, hell it could be July with the weather but still, it was really strange,neat,weird......so I would love to know what happened! MY blog link is http://mummareid.blogspot.com/ and my email is sis0227@yahoo.com.
So glad to hear from you! The first blog post you might read is entitled His Grave...that is only because his 5th birthday is coming up, the posts are not always like that.......they are actually sometimes quite funny and sarcastic!!!

Anonymous said...

Will be 4 years for us this May as well. I seem to know so many that are hitting 4 years.
Im so glad to see you back, even if it is for just a quick moment.
I still check in on you . You will have to post some more pics. Love the new profile photo.
Would love to hear what happened as well.

Hugs
xxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

missed you! Yes it's normal to go from baby to toddler that quick. the same went on with us. I hope all is well and I'm glad little man is such a joy!!

I would love to hear the story you summarized, interesting concept.